Monday, February 15, 2010

Not Feelin' it Today

If the measure of a man is how they perform when they're just not feeling it, I am not a man. The last five weeks have been very high intensity, focused effort, and today it just wasn't there. I'm feeling burned out and it showed in the workout. I picked what I thought was the easier of the 3 workouts (4 rounds for time 20 mountain climbers, 20 plank knees to toes, 20 push ups, 20 painters) and nearly puked. Had an idea of doing a run when I finished but totally bailed on that. The worst part is that it was entirely mental, I just didn't want to do it and let my mind overcome my body.

So, five weeks into the Challenge and my enthusiasm is at a low point. Hopefully, group workout tomorrow will help to reinspire. The company of like minded people is a great thing. Need to do something because Wednesday I'll be doing a solo workout and will need to feel strong.

This is something that I struggle with. Some people have the ability to self motivate, to pump themselves up. I don't. I need external motivation, something to get me rolling from someone or something else. I envy those who have that passion and fire. That I think is the largest goal for myself; to find that passion, that thing inside that will motivate me when I'm not feelin' it.

4 comments:

  1. I think you are doing amazing, and don't give up! This is a phase and you will be through it before you know it. You are a self motivator, and in return motivate others. You can do it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chris~


    I beg to differ, you are indeed a man. Not just that...you have taken on a freaking hardcore 8 wk challenge. You are DOING it and we have less than 2 weeks left. The finish line is visible and you are winning!

    2 two things...you ARE in fact a man and you have done more in this challenge than so many others. Isn't that F'ing cool?

    We ALL have low points and crapola days but they don't last more then 24hours...today is a new day.You did awesome in class this morning!

    B

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks y'all! Its funny what a night's sleep will do to your attitude! Much better workout this morning and a good day so far!

    ReplyDelete